Knitting Simple Fingerless Gloves
A Pattern by Liz Chandler @PurlsAndPixels
This simple fingerless glove knitting pattern shows you how to make your own basic fingerless gloves. These mitts are a versatile accessory because they keep your hands warm, while allowing your fingers the freedom to work, drive, text, take pictures, and more. These worsted weight gloves are light enough for fall and spring, but warm enough for everyday winter wear too. Make them in solid colors or mix it up with variegated yarn for a vibrant look. This easy to follow knitting pattern walks you through how to make these mittens, with row by row written instructions. Comes with directions for man, woman, child, toddler, and baby sizes.
How these Fingerless Mittens are Made
You will make this pair of fingerless gloves with Caron Simply Soft Yarn and Double Point Needles. Or, substitute any brand of worsted weight yarn in any color. Just be sure to check your gauge before substituting yarn.
These gloves are made one at a time, and worked in the round from the bottom up.
This is an intermediate knitting skill level pattern that requires a general understanding of knitting in the round, double point needles, and increases. You can also substitute long circular needles and the magic loop method if you are familiar with that knitting skill.
– Man size fits most adult men; measures 11 inches top to bottom, fits 7.5-9 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Woman size fits most older children & adult women; measures 10 inches top to bottom; fits 6-7.5 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Child size fits most boys and girls age 4 to 10 years; measures 8 inches top to bottom; fits 5.5-6 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Toddler size fits most boys and girls age 6 months to 4 years; measures 6 inches top to bottom; fits 4.5-5 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Baby size fits most infants age 0 to 6 months; measures 5 inches top to bottom; fits 3-3.5 inches around hand (without thumb)
Find my full size chart and how to measure here.
If you use the materials suggested in this pattern, your final product will be machine washable. To keep your fingerless gloves looking their best, hand wash or machine wash separately on delicate cycle in cold water. You may tumble dry on low heat, but laying flat to dry is recommended.
This listing is for a digital download of my simple fingerless glove knitting pattern, and is not a physical item. You will be able to download a PDF file immediately after your purchase has been processed. If you have any trouble with your order, please email email@example.com
This pattern is for personal use, gifting, and charitable donation of completed items. You may also sell handmade items created using this pattern. Do not copy this pattern and distribute it. If you’d like to share the pattern, refer your friends to my website, purlsandpixels.com/shop/, so they may obtain a copy.