Are you ready to embark on a cozy and creative journey? Look no further than Liz Chandler’s Knitting Guide. Designed especially for beginners, this comprehensive guide will take you from yarn novice to knitting pro.
With me, Liz Chandler, as your gentle and patient instructor, you’ll learn the art of knitting at your own pace. Discover the joy of creating beautiful, practical accessories. This guide walks you through all the steps of knitting. Practice your stitches with my collection of 15 versatile designs in multiple sizes (65 total patterns are included).
Ignite your passion for knitting. Join countless others who have experienced the satisfaction of crafting their very own handmade creations. Start your knitting journey today with Liz Chandler’s Knitting Guide!
Inside Liz Chandler’s Knitting Guide, you will find lessons to learn a new and handy skill, as well as practical patterns you can make for a lifetime. Cozy, rustic mountain photography will guide you through your knitting journey.
What You’ll Learn with Liz Chandler’s Knitting Guide
If you are an absolute beginner with no background in knitting, the step-by-step knitting lessons will walk you through all the basics. You will learn “Continental Style” knitting (sounds fancy right?), which means you will hold the yarn in your left hand while you knit. You’ll make your very first useful item, a washcloth or scarf, by wrapping yarn loops on the needles (“casting on”) and practicing the knit stitch. Each new skill you learn will allow you to knit a new project.
Start with flat knitted projects like washcloths, scarves, and blankets.
Then, learn to “knit in the round” and make seamless tubes. You can shape these into pillowcases, cup holders, leg warmers, ear warmers, hats, and gloves.
The knitting patterns in this book are classic, minimalist designs, so you can continue to knit them long after you have mastered the basic skills.
This full-color, high-gloss hardcover book, contains 548 pages of definitions, explanations, photo guides, written lessons, and row-by-row knitting patterns. It is thorough enough to use as a textbook for your fiber-art classes and beautiful enough to display in your home.
What’s inside Liz Chandler’s Knitting Guide:
– Understandable knitting lessons with concise language and clear visual aids.
– Practical unisex patterns in sizes for everyone.
– Thorough instructions to complete all included designs.
– Unique, rustic photography.
You’ll find definitions for unique knitting terms and complete step-by-step lessons on how-to:
– Cast on.
– Bind off.
– Fix common knitting mistakes.
– Read knitting patterns.
– Make gauge swatches.
– Cast on in the round.
– Use double point needles, short circular needles, and the “Magic Loop” to knit seamless tubes.
– Bind off in the round.
– Increase the number of stitches in a row.
– Decrease the number of stitches in a row.
– Weave in and tie off loose ends.
– Block your finished items.
– Customize and embellish simple knits.
– Beginner washcloths and face scrubbies.
– Basic washcloths and face scrubbies.
– Textured washcloths and face scrubbies.
– Beginner scarves in standard and extra-wide sizes.
– Ribbed scarves in standard and wide sizes.
– Blanket and Afghan.
– Pillow covers in mini, small, medium, and large sizes.
– Ribbed ear warmers in preemie, baby, toddler, child, adult, and adult XL sizes.
– Basic ear warmers in preemie, baby, toddler, child, adult, and adult XL sizes.
– Cup cozies in small and large sizes.
– Leg warmers in in baby, toddler, child small, child, adult small, and adult medium/large sizes.
– Beanie hats in in holiday ornament, preemie, baby, toddler, child, adult, and adult XL sizes.
– Slouch hats in holiday ornament, preemie, baby, toddler, child, adult, and adult XL sizes.
– Fingerless gloves in holiday ornament/newborn, baby, toddler, child, adult small, adult medium/large, and adult XL sizes.
– Mittens in thumbless newborn, holiday ornament/newborn, baby, toddler, child, adult small, adult medium/large, and adult XL sizes.