Knitting Simple Beanie Hats
A Pattern by Liz Chandler @PurlsAndPixels
This simple knitting pattern teaches you how to make simple beanie hats in all sizes. These classic unisex hats are a perfect first hat to knit, and they also make excellent gifts for everyone you know. This PDF knitting pattern walks you through making a hat with clear, row by row instructions for adult xl, adult, child, toddler, baby, and preemie sizes.
How these Simple Beanie Hats are Made
You will make these beanie hats with Caron Simply Soft Yarn and Double Point Needles. Or, substitute any brand of worsted weight yarn in any color. These hats are worked from the bottom up.
This is a beginner to intermediate knitting skill level pattern that requires a general understanding of knitting in the round, double point needles, and decreases.
– Adult XL size fits adults with larger heads, 23’’ – 25’’ head circumference
– Adult size fits men, women, and older teens or 21’’ – 24’’ head circumference
– Child size fits children 2 – 14 years of age or 19’’ – 21’’ head circumference
– Toddler size fits children 3 months – 2 years or 16’’ – 19’’ head circumference
– Baby size fits babies 0-3 months or 13’’ – 16’’ head circumference
– Preemie size fits most early babies (10.5’’ – 13’’ head circumferences)
Find my full size chart and how to measure here.
If you use the materials suggested in this pattern, your final product will be machine washable. To keep your hats looking their best, hand wash or machine wash separately on delicate cycle in cold water. You may tumble dry on low heat, but laying flat to dry is recommended.
Other Ways to Order
When you order here on purlsandpixels.com, you check out and pay through Amazon’s secure billing system.
You can also find this item featured on Etsy.
This listing is for a digital download of my knitting pattern, and is not a physical item. You’ll be able to download a PDF file immediately after your purchase has been processed. If you have any trouble with your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This pattern is only for personal use, gifting, and charitable donation of completed items. Please do not sell items made using this pattern.
Customized Knit Hats
Don’t want to make this yourself? I can make it for you. Order here.