Basic Knit Mittens
A Knitting Design by Liz @PurlsAndPixels
Simple Knit Mittens in All Sizes
I love a cozy warm mitten with a perfectly rounded fingertip and a ribbed wrist. I designed these mittens to be one of my knitting staples. I wanted a basic mitten to start from. I can make these in any solid color or change it up with variegated yarn. And they’ll make a great base for fair isle knitting designs. I can’t wait to add hearts, animals, and other designs to these simple mittens. You can make these too with my knitting pattern. With so many yarn choices, I can’t wait to see what you’ll make!
Everyone loves having cozy fingers when it is cold outside, and simple knit mittens are the perfect way for your whole family to keep warm. These basic knit mittens are simple but classic. A vibrant solid color lets you coordinate your mittens with your winter jacket and clothing. Get a pair for everyone in the family for an adorable winter photo shoot.
Made with extremely soft acrylic yarn, these handmade mittens are still machine washable and dryable (separately on gentle and low).
Your handmade mittens are custom made as soon as you order. Choose from any of the available colors and I will create your pair of handcrafted mittens just for you.
These classic knit mittens are hand knit with very soft acrylic yarn. They are machine washable and dryable (wash separately on gentle and low heat).
Feel free to request a custom order for a special color or size request. If you would like to order more than two pair at once, please request a custom order so I can give you an accurate delivery timeline.
Size and Color Choices
– Man size fits most adult men; measures 11 inches top to bottom, fits 7.5-9 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Woman size fits most older children & adult women; measures 10 inches top to bottom; fits 6-7.5 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Child size fits most boys and girls age 4 to 10 years; measures 8 inches top to bottom; fits 5.5-6 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Toddler size fits most boys and girls age 6 months to 4 years; measures 6 inches top to bottom; fits 4.5-5 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Baby size fits most infants age 0 to 6 months; measures 5 inches top to bottom; fits 3-3.5 inches around hand (without thumb)
Get my Knitting Pattern for Simple Knit Mittens
Do-it-yourself with this classic knit mittens knitting pattern. This knitting pattern lets you craft your own classic knit mittens in every size. These simple but classic mittens are great for the whole family. Knit them in a solid color yarn for a classic look, or mix it up with a colorful variegated yarn.
I used solid colors of Caron Simply Soft for the design, but you can substitute any worsted weight yarn in this pattern. Make sure you check your gauge.
Included are complete instructions for man, woman, child, toddler, and baby size mittens.
For a hat to match your basic knit mittens, try my basic knit beanie.