Knitting Simple Mittens
A Pattern by Liz Chandler @PurlsAndPixels
These simple, but classic knit mittens are a perfect winter staple. Make them in solid colors or mix it up with variegated yarn for a vibrant look. This easy to follow knitting pattern walks you through how to make these mittens, with row by row written steps. Comes with instructions for man, woman, child, toddler, and baby sizes.
How these Basic Knit Mittens are Made
You will make this pair of mittens with Caron Simply Soft Yarn and Double Point Needles. Or, substitute any brand of worsted weight yarn in any color. These mittens are made one at a time, and worked from the bottom up.
This is an intermediate knitting skill level pattern that requires a general understanding of knitting in the round, double point needles, increases, and decreases.
– Man size fits most adult men; measures 11 inches top to bottom, fits 7.5-9 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Woman size fits most older children & adult women; measures 10 inches top to bottom; fits 6-7.5 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Child size fits most boys and girls age 4 to 10 years; measures 8 inches top to bottom; fits 5.5-6 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Toddler size fits most boys and girls age 6 months to 4 years; measures 6 inches top to bottom; fits 4.5-5 inches around hand (without thumb)
– Baby size fits most infants age 0 to 6 months; measures 5 inches top to bottom; fits 3-3.5 inches around hand (without thumb)
Find my full size chart and how to measure here.
If you use the materials suggested in this pattern, your final product will be machine washable. To keep your mittens looking their best, hand wash or machine wash separately on delicate cycle in cold water. You may tumble dry on low heat, but laying flat to dry is recommended.
Other Ways to Order
When you order here on purlsandpixels.com, you check out and pay through Amazon’s secure billing system.
You can also find this item featured on Etsy.
This listing is for a digital download of my knitting pattern, and is not a physical item. You’ll be able to download a PDF file immediately after your purchase has been processed. If you have any trouble with your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This pattern is only for personal use, gifting, and charitable donation of completed items. Please do not sell items made using this pattern.
Customized Knit Mittens
Don’t want to make this yourself? I can make it for you. Order here.