Knitting Simple Leg Warmers
A Pattern by Liz Chandler @PurlsAndPixels
Learn to make your own classic knitted leg warmers with this easy to follow knitting pattern. These simple, traditional leg warmers are perfect for ballet warm-ups. Or pair them with neon stilettos for a vintage 1980’s look to compliment any costume, cosplay, or dress up. Worn with leggings, these leg warmers are comfortable and cozy, and they’ll even fit inside most boots to double as boot cuffs.
These leg warmers are designed to be long enough to fit from the top of the calf and pull over the heel. They’ll scrunch when worn at the ankle. You can easily modify this pattern to shorten or lengthen the leg warmers to fit your needs. Make leg warmers for everyone in your family; this pattern comes with directions for man, woman, child, child small, toddler, and baby sized leg warmers.
How these Leg Warmers are Made
You will make this pair of leg warmers with Caron Simply Soft Yarn and Double Point Needles. Or, substitute any brand of worsted weight yarn in any color. These leg warmers are made one at a time, and worked from the bottom up.
This is an beginner knitting skill level pattern that requires a general understanding of knitting in the round and double point needles.
– Man size fits most adult men; measures 19 inches top to bottom, fits 15-18.5 inches around calf
– Woman size fits most teens & adult women; measures 17 inches top to bottom; fits 11.5-15 inches around calf
– Child size fits most boys and girls age 6 to 12 years; measures 15 inches top to bottom; fits 10-11.5 inches around calf
– Child small size fits most boys and girls age 3 to 6 years; measures 13 inches top to bottom; fits 9.5-10 inches around calf
– Toddler size fits most boys and girls age 1 to 3 years; measures 11 inches top to bottom; fits 7-9.5 inches around calf
– Baby size fits most infants age 0 to 1 year; measures 9 inches top to bottom; fits 6.5-7 inches around calf
If you use the materials suggested in this pattern, your final product will be machine washable. To keep your leg warmers looking their best, hand wash or machine wash separately on delicate cycle in cold water. You may tumble dry on low heat, but laying flat to dry is recommended.
Other Ways to Order
When you order here on purlsandpixels.com, you check out and pay through Amazon’s secure billing system.
You can also find this item featured on Etsy.
This listing is for a digital download of my knitting pattern, and is not a physical item. You’ll be able to download a PDF file immediately after your purchase has been processed. If you have any trouble with your order, please email email@example.com.
This pattern is only for personal use, gifting, and charitable donation of completed items. Please do not sell items made using this pattern.